Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Switched by Amanda Hocking

Alright. I'm going to try my hand at a review but if it isn't as great as dad's you will have to forgive me because I can't write like that. Anyway this book, Switched by Amanda Hocking, was recommended to me by a friend while I was working at the movies back home. While I ordered it on my kindle, I never actually read more than the first few pages. It was never that I wasn't interested but I only read while I was at work. Anyway Switched is the first book in the Trylle Trilogy. It is only $0.99 for the kindle edition. The other two books, Torn and Ascend, are $2.99 each. So now that I have my side notes out of the way I will begin the actual review.

I will start by saying that though this is not my favorite book, I greatly enjoyed this novel. It starts off with our main character, Wendy Everly. She is a strong-willed 17 year old with an anger management problem. The story starts off with a very good hook in which Wendy's mother attempts to kill Wendy. So from the beginning I was like WTF!!!?!! I mean that was on Wendy's sixth birthday for crying out loud. Anyway I'm only telling you that part cause you can read it on the back of the book. Shortly after Wendy finds out about a world that is very different from her own. This book is a supernatural fantasy. The thing is...it's not the kind of supernatural creature you are used to. you wanna know more read the book. It clocks in at 330 pages so it is a fairly quick read. Anyway that my review. It's short and sweet. The book is good, you should read it. lol tell me in the comments if i need to and/or how to improve my review skill or lack there of.

1 comment:

  1. YaY... participation!! I think you did a fine job with your review, keep 'em comin'.

    I'm looking forward to checking this book out. Now I just gotta find a place to squeeze it in. My read list is VERY long right now, much longer than usual actually.

    ReplyDelete